34th ARTS Awards Judges Announced
Furniture World News Desk on
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, have announced the judges for the 34th ARTS Awards, taking place in Dallas on Friday, January 12, 2024 at Hilton Anatole Hotel. The ARTS Awards, presented annually during the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, celebrates preeminent manufacturers, retailers, interior designers, product designers, and sales representatives.
The esteemed judging panel will select winners from digital submissions that vary based upon category and may consist of product development, marketing, merchandising, company differentiation examples, or professional information.
In November, the judges will convene in Dallas for two days to review each individual or company submission. Once all components of judging are complete, a designated accounting firm tabulates and secures the scores until the winners are announced for the first time at the ARTS Awards gala.
The 34th ARTS Awards judges are:
- Courtney Garrigan, Co-Owner, Coco & Dash. She is one half of the dynamic partnership whose personal and creative style is the foundation for the award-winning home decor retail shop, Coco & Dash.
While Courtney has developed a signature style that embodies beauty and function, she has a propensity for quirky touches seamlessly incorporated with classic elements. Passionate about her love of color and imperfection in design she brings a fresh approach to retail and interior design.
- Leslie Newby, Founder & CEO, WorkTheBrand™. Leslie Newby is a communications professional with expertise in the residential and commercial furnishings and design sectors. She founded WorkTheBrand in 2005 to partner with companies and organizations in the residential and commercial furnishings and design sectors seeking PR and marketing communications expertise.
- Patti Carpenter, Principal, Carpenter & Company. Patti is Principal of carpenter + company and an award- winning Designer in globally sourced home décor, accessories, fragrance, and gifts, with experience in product design and development, merchandising and color + trend forecasting. As a Micro-Enterprise specialist with U.S. presidential recognition for domestic and international expertise in artisan development, small producer and entrepreneurial training and economic development.
- Rebecca Miller, CEO, ARTful Communications/OMAGGIO STUDIO. Rebecca is an executive with a track record of building market share for companies seeking growth. She is recognized for her vision, innovation, and excellence in brand development and for achieving operational efficiencies and revenue performance improvements. Her passions include art, architecture, food and wine, animals, world culture and is an avid traveler.
- Scarlette Tapp, executive director, Sustainable Furnishings Council and Sustainable Furnishings Educational Fund. Scarlette exclusively serves as the Green Award judge and reviews only the manufacturing finalists’ submissions. She is a nonprofit professional with extensive experience in fundraising, communications, and strategic planning. Throughout her nonprofit career, she has worked with organizations in the sectors of nature conservancy, the arts, and education. Scarlette's track record for building capacity has served nonprofits in Western NC and Upstate SC for over 13 years.
- Warren Shoulberg, Business Journalist and Contributing Editor, Home Furnishings Journalist. Warren Shoulberg knows home furnishings. He has been a regular contributor to The Robin Report, Forbes.com, The Business of Home and Home Textiles Today as well as his own blog Warrensreport.com. As the former editor-in-chief for several leading business-to-business publications specializing in home furnishings retailing he has chronicled the good, the bad and the ugly of the business in an award-winning career spanning four decades. He has guest lectured at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business and been honored by the International Furnishings and Design Association, Gift for Life and the Fashion Institute of Technology. He has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, ABC News and other media as an expert in the field.
All 34th ARTS Awards finalists can be viewed here. Reservations for the ARTS Awards open October 3rd. Tickets will be $170 for ART members and $200 for non-members. Discounted rates for full tables of (8) and (10) guests are also available.
Sponsors for the 34th ARTS Awards include Aspire Design & Home; Furniture, Lighting & Décor; Business of Home; Home Accents Today; Décor News Now; Houstonia; Home Textiles Today; Designers Today; Furniture Today; Gifts & Decorative Accessories; Modern Luxury Interiors; Paper City; Interior Design Society, and Sustainable Furnishings Council.
For more information, visit the ARTS Awards website. Keep up-to-date with Dallas Market Center events and happenings on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use #ARTSAwards to stay connected.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Blog.
About the ARTS Awards
The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to the home industry. Up to 28 categories exist under the headings Manufacturer, Retailer, Product Designer, Interior Designer, Sales Representative, Green Award, and other specialty honors. Anyone in the industry can nominate including manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives, designers, suppliers, consultants, and other industry officials. Companies that have won an ARTS Award five times are inducted into the Hall of Fame. Current Hall of Fame members are: Arteriors Home, Beatriz Ball, Bella Casa, BJ’s Home Accents, C.S. Wo & Sons, Distinctive Designs International Inc., Elements at Home, Feizy Rugs, Fine Art Lamps, Global Views, HW Home, Loloi Rugs, Montaage, Natural Decorations Inc., Palecek, Paragon, Phillips Collection, Robb & Stucky, Schonbek Worldwide Lighting, Seasonal Living, and Vietri.
ART is the creative home furnishings network representing manufacturers, retailers, representatives and other individuals and companies interested in promoting and enhancing the market position of the home furnishings industry. Each year ART sponsors programs such as the ART conference, regional educational seminars, the ART card, and the ARTS Awards. The ART website is available at www.accessoriesresourceteam.org.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the world’s largest western marketplace, opening in 2021; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.